Thursday 10 November 2011

All I had to do was believe - Poem by Janine Bouwer - 06th April 2011


When I looked at the stained guilt on my hands of wrong choices made,
The wounds embedded in my heart with all joy that did fade,
The stain of tears leaving a trail on my face,
Would this darkness and loneliness be my eternal place?

In my mind I could see no way out and it was only darkness all around,
No one could hear the silent scream echoing in this heart that was bound,
The pain hidden behind a smile and a daily lie is all I could give,
Until the day He showed up and all I had to do was believe.

I felt a gentle touch on my back with peace that melted all over me,
Another gentle hand lifted my chin to look up so that I could see,
I couldn’t see His face at first as the tears flooded my eyes,
Until He gently wiped them away and I was left with this surprise.

I know those scars in those hands I thought,
I have heard of them somewhere not long ago,
But where, was it a dream, my childhood, I couldn’t remember,
It burned in me to know.

His gentle smile shone with brilliance, I could have been blinded,
His eyes pierced my being as if He could see everything behind me,
The love that poured out of Him could not be explained or compared,
All I knew it was love I wanted and a love I wanted to share.

What have I done, I cried out to Him,
I have walked my own path with drink, drugs, partying and friends,
Where are they?  Why am I so empty I sobbed,
Is this my end?  Is this why I am here, my purpose, I have been robbed!

He spoke and His voice stirred the universe and I was made still,
The scars you see I paid your price so that you could live,
I gave Myself for you so that you could know My joy, My love,
My Name is Yahshua/Jesus with you here from above.

I made you for a purpose to have fellowship with Me,
To live eternally where no pain and suffering could ever be,
For now you will have to endure but My peace I leave with you,
All you have to do is believe in Me and My Word which is true.

I felt loving arms engulf me as I said I do, I believe,
All my guilt and shame lifted and my hands were made clean,
Joy filled me like I have never felt before,
Thank you for opening up for Me when I came to knock on your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment